Friday 20 March 2009

Evaluation!

I personally thought that our final project 'The Crucifix' was a really good introduction to a film because it created a good storyline and I thought our actual filming showed this with the character Sam and especially the Monk. I felt that the monk was very effective in all scenes he was in particularly in the dream becasue he had a sense of mystery and suspense about him.
I think that our target audience would want to know more about the Monk after watching the introduction because you don't know much about him.
I thought that we achieved our target of a thriller/horror through scenes like the man commiting suicide and Sam's dream at his house.
I think that our film should be rated a 15 because it would be scary for anyone under 15 but is not gory enough for the film to be rated an 18.
One of the best shots in the fiulm i feel is the one in the dream when we filmed the trees looking into the sky and speeding it up. It is really effective for a dream like that because it adds a bit more suspense to it.
Our first car scenes we had done at first were not good enough becasue of errors while filming like reflections of us filming so we re-filmed them and they were much better second time round becasue they flowed much better and they made more sense to the audience. We also had different types of shots of the car second time filming which made the introduction better.

In this final project I have learnt to film as much as possible becasue it will help in you editing becasue you have much more clips to play around with. Also using a variety of shots like high angle shots, low angle shots, point of view, over the shoulder; all these work well and create more atmosphere in a film. From my last project I have tried to make the film flow more and I think that the final film flows really well, much better then the first project I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment